Recipe by Beverly292
This is from the Good Eats show with Alton Brown. I saw this made on TV the other night and cannot wait to try it. I wanted to put it here at my favorite recipe site, so I can save it. I think this would be great to do on the grill.
Top Review by Kiwiwife
Wow I don't know what I could have done wrong! We couldn't even eat this. I used A-1 sauce not sure if that matters! Sounded interesting but so sorry it just did not work for me.
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup thick steak sauce
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- kosher salt & fresh ground pepper
- 8 slices eggplants, slices purged with (1/2 inch slices)
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl whisk together the worcestershire, steak sauce, olive oil, honey, and apple cider vinegar.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Pat your eggplant dry with paper towels.
- With a pastry brush apply the sauce to both sides of the eggplant.
- Place eggplant rounds onto a sheet tray fitted with a rack.
- Place the tray under the broiler until the eggplant is nicely browned, approximately 2 minutes.
- Turn slices over and place back under broiler to brown the other side.
- Generously sprinkle freshly grated parmesan over all the slices.
- Place back under the broiler for 1 minute to nicely brown the cheese.
- Serve plain or sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley.