Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
Saw this on "Cook Yourself Thin", and gave it a try tonight my way, well with the stuff I had on hand. I love eggplant, so if you like eggplant you will like this. Good as a starter or main dish. Looks like you really know what you are doing in the kitchen. I can't wait till my new herb gardens grows to throw some fresh chopped bazil on top.
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- Heat small amout of olive oil in skillet with grilling marks or normal skillet on medium heat.
- Wash and slice eggplant with skin on about 1/2 inch thick.
- Mix together oil, vinegar, and spices in a small bowl.
- Brush both sides of eggplant with mixture.
- Place sliced eggplant in skillet and cook about 3 min per side.
- After eggplant is cooked place on baking sheet sprayed with non stick spray.
- Take one side and put 1 TBSP of diced tomatoes and 1 slice mozzarella cheese then place other eggplant slice on top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- This will make four stackers depending on eggplant size.
- I do use foil and spray it since some of the cheese will melt out.
Great recipe! I only like eggplant it there are other flavors with it and this was perfect. The vinagar, tomatoes and cheese were really good with this. I used grated cheese instead of the slices, but it worked out just as good. Made for PAC fall 09.
wonderful recipe. my husband doesn't like eggplant and he even liked this.