1/1 Photo of Eggplant Stackers
JB's Girl's Note:
Saw this on "Cook Yourself Thin", and gave it a try tonight my way, well with the stuff I had on hand. I love eggplant, so if you like eggplant you will like this. Good as a starter or main dish. Looks like you really know what you are doing in the kitchen. I can't wait till my new herb gardens grows to throw some fresh chopped bazil on top.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre heat oven to 350.
- 2Heat small amout of olive oil in skillet with grilling marks or normal skillet on medium heat.
- 3Wash and slice eggplant with skin on about 1/2 inch thick.
- 4Mix together oil, vinegar, and spices in a small bowl.
- 5Brush both sides of eggplant with mixture.
- 6Place sliced eggplant in skillet and cook about 3 min per side.
- 7After eggplant is cooked place on baking sheet sprayed with non stick spray.
- 8Take one side and put 1 TBSP of diced tomatoes and 1 slice mozzarella cheese then place other eggplant slice on top.
- 9Bake for about 20 minutes.
- 10This will make four stackers depending on eggplant size.
- 11I do use foil and spray it since some of the cheese will melt out.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant Stackers
Serving Size: 1 (561 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.6
- Calories from Fat 245
- Total Fat 27.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 45.6 mg
- Sodium 1090.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 12.2 g
- Sugars 14.5 g
- Protein 17.2 g