Recipe by JB's Girl
Saw this on "Cook Yourself Thin", and gave it a try tonight my way, well with the stuff I had on hand. I love eggplant, so if you like eggplant you will like this. Good as a starter or main dish. Looks like you really know what you are doing in the kitchen. I can't wait till my new herb gardens grows to throw some fresh chopped bazil on top.
Top Review by Chef Jean
Great recipe! I only like eggplant it there are other flavors with it and this was perfect. The vinagar, tomatoes and cheese were really good with this. I used grated cheese instead of the slices, but it worked out just as good. Made for PAC fall 09.
- 1 medium eggplant
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 4 slices mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre heat oven to 350.
- Heat small amout of olive oil in skillet with grilling marks or normal skillet on medium heat.
- Wash and slice eggplant with skin on about 1/2 inch thick.
- Mix together oil, vinegar, and spices in a small bowl.
- Brush both sides of eggplant with mixture.
- Place sliced eggplant in skillet and cook about 3 min per side.
- After eggplant is cooked place on baking sheet sprayed with non stick spray.
- Take one side and put 1 TBSP of diced tomatoes and 1 slice mozzarella cheese then place other eggplant slice on top.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- This will make four stackers depending on eggplant size.
- I do use foil and spray it since some of the cheese will melt out.