Recipe by Lvs2Cook
One of my very favorite meals! This recipe is easy and comes from a magazine and makes a nice open-face sandwich. You can always use the tops of the sandwich rolls for a traditional sandwich.
Top Review by Amberngriffinco
My guys are NOT big veggie eaters, but I am. So I opted for this last week and my gosh, my DH liked this! I peeled my eggplant b/c I knew they wouldn't eat it at all if I didn't. Lo and behold, my 10 year DS LOVED IT and ASKED FOR MORE!!???? Thanks
- 2 small eggplants
- 2 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 3⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- olive oil flavored cooking spray
- 4 hard Italian rolls, split
- 1 (16 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut eggplants crosswise into 1/4-inch slices.
- Combine breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese. Whisk together eggs and 3 tablespoons water. Dip eggplant into egg mixture, and dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Coat eggplant with cooking spray.
- Broil 12 inches from heat (with electric oven door partially open) 5 minutes on each side.
- Place eggplant evenly on roll halves, and place rolls on baking sheet. Top with spaghetti sauce, and sprinkle evenly with mozzarella cheese.
- Broil 3 to 5 more minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly.