Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
Recipe by Chrissa Paradissis' The Best Book of Greek Cookery. It was found in The Good Cook Salads
Top Review by Mia in Germany
Awesome eggplant salad! Made as written, using black olives as I assumed that ripe olives should be black ones. I love eggplant everything, and this one will be a keeper. Thanks for sharing!<br/>Made for ZWT 9 / Greece for The Apron String travelers
- 3 lbs eggplants (about 3 or 4 long eggplants)
- 1 small onion, grated
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large tomatoes, peeled, seeded & chopped into small pieces
- 3⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ripe olives
- 1 large green pepper, seeded and sliced into rings
Directions See How It's Made
- Prick eggplants, place them in a baking pan and bake in 350F oven for about one hour or until soft.
- Allow skin to shrivel and turn black so as to give a smoky flavor to the salad.
- Peel eggplants whil still hot and chop flesh into small pieces.
- Continue chopping while slowly adding the onion, garlic, tomato, oil, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Place in salad bowl and garnish with olives and green pepper rings.