Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Easy dip! Serve with fresh vegetables or crackers. Cooking time is for baking of the eggplant.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vinegar or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- parsley, finely chopped (to garnish)
- olive (optional)
- Clean eggplant, wipe dry and place whole, on a baking tray and bake in a hot oven for about 1 hour or until soft. When it has cooled, cut it open and scoop out the flesh, discarding the seeds.
- Chop the flesh into cubes and place in a food processor. Add to the processor 1 small chopped onion and salt and pepper.
- Add vinegar or lemon juice and olive oil.
- Process all together until blended well.
A very good, base recipe. I did add in a tablespoonful each of tahini and greek yoghurt because I nearly always do. ;-)