1/1 Photo of Eggplant Rolls W/ Tomato Sauce
1 hr 10 mins
kelly in TO's Note:
2 to 3 of these rolls makes for 1 serving as a meatless main meal. The bulgur mix is so good by itself I'll usually make more than I need to freeze for a side to other dishes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 2 tbsp of the oil in a skillet over medium heat; cook onion, mushrooms and garlic until softened, about 5 minutes.
- 2Add bulgur and sun-dried tomatoes and stir until coated.
- 3Add stock and bring to a boil then reduce heat and let simmer covered for 20 minutes or until the liquid is absorbed. Transfer to bowl and set aside.
- 4Preheat skillet to medium heat and add oil.
- 5Peel 2 inch wide strips of skin from opposite sides of eggplants and discard.
- 6Cut each eggplant lengthwise into 6 slices about 1/4 inch thick. Brush both sides with oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill slices in oiled skillet turning once until golden and tender about 10 minutes. Transfer to tray and set aside.
- 7Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- 8Stir goat cheese into bulgur mixture.
- 9Lay slice of eggplant on work surface and spread with 1/4 cup bulgur mixture starting at narrow end, roll up. Place seam side down on cooking tray and then repeat with remaining eggplant.
- 10Pour tomato sauce into a 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Place eggplant rolls on top seam side down. Cover dish with aluminum foil and bake for 20 minutes or until sauce is bubbling.
- 11Garnish with chopped basil.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant Rolls W/ Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (492 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 587.8
- Calories from Fat 266
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.0 g
- Cholesterol 26.0 mg
- Sodium 1685.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 19.0 g
- Sugars 21.4 g
- Protein 20.7 g