Prep 3 hrs
Cook 25 mins
Posted in response to a request. I have not personally tried this recipe.
- 6 plum tomatoes
- olive oil
- salt and pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 18 slices eggplants
- 5 ounces zucchini, carrots,string beans,broccoli,etc. diced
- olive oil
- egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 10 ounces ricotta cheese
- 30 basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 tablespoons cream
- Salt eggplant slices and place under a weight to remove water (for 2-3 hours).
- Dry with paper towels and grill.
- In the meantime, sauté the diced vegetables in a little oil.
- When cool, add egg yolk and Parmesan cheese and mix together with ricotta cheese.
- Place 2 Tbs of the ricotta and vegetable mixture on each eggplant slice, wrapping the eggplant around the mixture, and steam for about 10 minutes.
- While the eggplant is steaming, make the basil sauce by mixing all of the ingredients in a blender.
- Parboil tomatoes, peel, slice lengthwise, and discard seeds.
- Marinate the tomatoes in a little olive oil, salt, pepper, and basil for an hour.
- For each serving, arrange 3 eggplant rolls over a plate covered with basil sauce.
- Garnish with the marinated tomatoes.