3 hrs 25 mins
Posted in response to a request. I have not personally tried this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 plum tomatoes
- olive oil
- salt and pepper, freshly ground
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely chopped
- 18 slices eggplants
- 5 ounces zucchini, carrots,string beans,broccoli,etc. diced
- olive oil
- egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- 10 ounces ricotta cheese
- 30 basil leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 tablespoons cream
- 1Salt eggplant slices and place under a weight to remove water (for 2-3 hours).
- 2Dry with paper towels and grill.
- 3In the meantime, sauté the diced vegetables in a little oil.
- 4When cool, add egg yolk and Parmesan cheese and mix together with ricotta cheese.
- 5Place 2 Tbs of the ricotta and vegetable mixture on each eggplant slice, wrapping the eggplant around the mixture, and steam for about 10 minutes.
- 6While the eggplant is steaming, make the basil sauce by mixing all of the ingredients in a blender.
- 7Parboil tomatoes, peel, slice lengthwise, and discard seeds.
- 8Marinate the tomatoes in a little olive oil, salt, pepper, and basil for an hour.
- 9For each serving, arrange 3 eggplant rolls over a plate covered with basil sauce.
- 10Garnish with the marinated tomatoes.
Browse Our Top Cheese Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cheese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant Roll Stuffed with Ricotta and Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (264 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 300.8
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 14.1 g
- Cholesterol 80.3 mg
- Sodium 102.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 11.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: