Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
We LOVE eggplant !!! This recipe comes from BHG July 2008. Have not tried it yet.
Make and share this Eggplant Relish recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 large eggplant (abou 1 1/2 lb.)
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Prehaet oven to 375°F.
- In a nonreactive saucepan, combine raisins and vinegar. Bring to boiling; remove from heat, cover; set aside.
- With tip of knife, pierce eggplant in 5 or 6 places. Place on foil-lined baking pan. Roast for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until eggplant is soft to touch and collapsing. Remove from oven; cool in baking sheet. When cool enough to handle, chop eggplant; set aside.
- Cook onion and pepper in hot oil 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in jalapeno, garlic, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Cook and stir 3 minutes. Stir in raisin-vinegar mixture, eggplant, tomato and honey. Bring to simmer and cook 5 minutes; cool.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Stir in parsley.
- Serve with toasted baguetes slices.