Prep 24 hrs
Cook 45 mins
We LOVE eggplant !!! This recipe comes from BHG July 2008. Have not tried it yet.
- 1⁄4 cup golden raisin
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 large eggplant (abou 1 1/2 lb.)
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Prehaet oven to 375°F.
- In a nonreactive saucepan, combine raisins and vinegar. Bring to boiling; remove from heat, cover; set aside.
- With tip of knife, pierce eggplant in 5 or 6 places. Place on foil-lined baking pan. Roast for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until eggplant is soft to touch and collapsing. Remove from oven; cool in baking sheet. When cool enough to handle, chop eggplant; set aside.
- Cook onion and pepper in hot oil 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in jalapeno, garlic, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Cook and stir 3 minutes. Stir in raisin-vinegar mixture, eggplant, tomato and honey. Bring to simmer and cook 5 minutes; cool.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Stir in parsley.
- Serve with toasted baguetes slices.