24 hrs 45 mins
Chef Glaucia's Note:
We LOVE eggplant !!! This recipe comes from BHG July 2008. Have not tried it yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup golden raisin
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 large eggplant (abou 1 1/2 lb.)
- 1 large yellow onion, chopped
- 1 medium red pepper, chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic, finely chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 2 tablespoons flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1Prehaet oven to 375°F.
- 2In a nonreactive saucepan, combine raisins and vinegar. Bring to boiling; remove from heat, cover; set aside.
- 3With tip of knife, pierce eggplant in 5 or 6 places. Place on foil-lined baking pan. Roast for 1 to 1 1/2 hours or until eggplant is soft to touch and collapsing. Remove from oven; cool in baking sheet. When cool enough to handle, chop eggplant; set aside.
- 4Cook onion and pepper in hot oil 5 minutes, or until tender. Stir in jalapeno, garlic, 1/2 tsp salt, and 1/4 tsp pepper. Cook and stir 3 minutes. Stir in raisin-vinegar mixture, eggplant, tomato and honey. Bring to simmer and cook 5 minutes; cool.
- 5Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 6Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 7To serve, let stand at room temperature 30 minutes. Stir in parsley.
- 8Serve with toasted baguetes slices.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant Relish
Serving Size: 1 (139 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.7
- Calories from Fat 47
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 4.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 14.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.3 g
- Sugars 9.0 g
- Protein 1.4 g