Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This came from a cookbook I was looking through. I loved it. So I decided to post the recipe!!
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small zucchini, chopped
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, diced
- 2 cups peeled and cubed eggplants
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- asiago cheese (optional)
- Coat large skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium heat. Add onion, zucchini and red bell pepper, saute 5 to 7 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
- Add eggplant, tomatoes, Italian seasoning, salt and black pepper, bring to boiling. Cover and simmer 10 minutes, stirring often, add basil and stir. Serve immediately and sprinkle with Asiago cheese if desited.
This had way too much onion, and I didn't even put the entire amount in. I think maybe 1/4 medium onion would be better.