1/1 Photo of Eggplant-Ranch Style
Recipe is from Sunrise Beach is Still Cooking, Cooking from Texas Hills and Lakes compiled by the Ladies Auxiliary of Sunrise Beach Volunteer Fire Department and credited to Janis Williams. Quick to fix on the stovetop. I'm sure it's meant to be a side dish, but I enjoyed it as a main dish, too. Original recipe called for 1/4 cup oil. If using fresh tomatoes, thinly slice them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chilies
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes or 2 large ripe tomatoes
- 1 large eggplants, unpeeled, cut in 1-inch cubes or 6 medium zucchini or 6 medium yellow squash, sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1Cook onion in oil until soft.
- 2Add all ingredients except cheese and cook until done, about 20-30 minutes.
- 3Top hot dish with cheese before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant-Ranch Style
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.8
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.4 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 14.8 mg
- Sodium 503.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 5.1 g