Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
From my dear friend Manana. A true Georgian recipe.
Make and share this Eggplant Ragout recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs eggplants, cut in half then in cresents
- 1 lb tomatoes, skinned (can be canned)
- 1 lb potato, scrubbed and cut into bitesizes
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 4 garlic cloves
- 4 small onions
- 2 bell peppers
- 1 ancho chili, for heat (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- Add the oil, onion, and garlic to the pot, saute until tender.
- Add everything else.
- Simmer 30-40 minutes (or more, make sure the potatoes are done).
- Eat with a good friend.