Prep 40 mins
Cook 25 mins
Originally seen in the Vegetarian Times Complete Cookbook.
Make and share this Eggplant Pie recipe from Food.com.
- Grease 9 inch deep dish pie plate with 1 tablespoon of the oil. Press grits into pan and set aside to cool.
- Peel eggplant and cube. Please into saucepan and add just enough water to cover. Cook over low heat until soft, about 15 minutes.
- Heat remaining 2 tablespoons oil in a skilled over medium heat and saute garlic and onion until golden, about 7 minutes.
- Drain eggplant and mash lightly.
- Mix together cornstarch and mushroom liquid, stirring until smooth. Stir in baking soda and add to the eggplant. Stir in onion, garlic, seasonins salt, mushrooms and breadcrumbs and spoon into pan. Top with cheese.
- Bake at 350F for 25 minutes.