Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
I have not tried this, but am posting for the Zaar World tour. It came with my Raclette grill (which is Swiss) but is a Greek-type recipe. This is designed for a tabletop grill, but should work fine on any grill, although the times may need adjusted slightly.
- 3 eggplants (2 lbs)
- 2 bunches basil
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon sunflower seeds
- 3 1⁄2 ounces feta
- 8 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- 1 cucumber
- 3 sprigs mint
- wooden skewer
- Clean eggplant and cut length¬wise into slices 1/8-inch thick (using a vegetable slicer). Lay slices flat on a rack, salt, and set aside for 1 hour.
- In the meantime, rinse basil and pat dry. Remove leaves and chop finely. Peel garlic.
- In an ungreased pan, roast sunflower seeds until light brown, stirring constantly, then remove from pan. Dice feta.
- In a blender, process basil, 2 cloves garlic, sunflower seeds, feta, and 4 tbs olive oil to make a smooth paste. Add the bread crumbs and season with salt and pepper.
- Stir together sour cream and yogurt until smooth. Squeeze garlic through a press and add, then season with salt and pepper.
- Peel cucumber in a striped pattern, remove seeds, and grate. Fold into sour cream-yogurt mixture. Add more salt and pepper to taste, if desired.
- Rinse mint, remove leaves, and chop. Fold into dip.
- Pat eggplant dry, spread with prepared pesto, and roll up.
- Brush the outside of each roll with oil and thread onto skewers. Cook on the preheated grill for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve with the sour cream dip.