Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a tasty and somewhat quick way to prepare eggplant. A friend described them as eggplant fritters. Everyone in my household likes them, including the one year old boy.
- 1 medium eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 20 saltine crackers, crushed
- 5 ounces cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley
- 3 tablespoons oil (for frying)
- Boil the eggplant until tender when pricked with a fork.
- Drain well and mash.
- Heat a frying pan with oil over medium heat.
- Combine thoroughly with the rest of the ingredients.
- Drop by the large spoonful onto the skillet and press into a patty with a spatula.
- Fry for about 3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- *If you don't want to use all the "batter" at one time, it will keep for a few days in the fridge and fry up just fine straight from the fridge.