Sous Chef's Wife's Note:
This is a tasty and somewhat quick way to prepare eggplant. A friend described them as eggplant fritters. Everyone in my household likes them, including the one year old boy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil the eggplant until tender when pricked with a fork.
- 2Drain well and mash.
- 3Heat a frying pan with oil over medium heat.
- 4Combine thoroughly with the rest of the ingredients.
- 5Drop by the large spoonful onto the skillet and press into a patty with a spatula.
- 6Fry for about 3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
- 7*If you don't want to use all the "batter" at one time, it will keep for a few days in the fridge and fry up just fine straight from the fridge.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant Patties
Serving Size: 1 (213 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 350.1
- Calories from Fat 226
- Total Fat 25.1 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 90.0 mg
- Sodium 983.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.2 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 13.2 g