Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
A fantastic Greek vegetable patty.
- 1 lb eggplant
- 2 tablespoons red onions, grated
- 1⁄2 cup breadcrumbs (fresh is better)
- 1⁄2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain soy yogurt
- black pepper
- oil (for frying)
- Wash eggplant and bake in preheated oven 375 for 30 minutes, or until tender. Let cool enough to handle.
- Scoop out flesh and finely chop. Place in a mixing bowl, draining any excess liquid. Add grated onion, bread crumbs, parsley, and yogurt and mix well. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Shape into small patties, roll in flour, and flatten slightly.
- Fry in an oiled frying pan until golden on both sides. Drain on paper towels and serve.
I loved this recipe! It is really easy to throw together. DH loved the patties too. This will be something I will make all the time, so thank you for posting these! Next time I will add some extras for a little more flavor as I foujd them a little bit bland. All it will take (for me) is adding some finely chopped kalamata, or chopped capers, maybe a chopped clove of garlic. Otherwise, these make a really nice side or light lunch. I might serve them with a raita next time. Mmmmm, I'm going to make again sooN! Thanks T_Wise!