Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is a lovely take on a classic Italian dish. I love it (but why wouldn’t I if I'm posting it) some one please write a review. I t is a perfect entree. Enjoy
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1 -1 1⁄2 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 -3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- marinara sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- Cut Eggplant into 1/4-1/2 strips.
- Beat eggs with milk and put in a shallow pan big enough to plauce eggplant slices.
- In another pan mix breadcrunbs and parmisian cheese.
- Heat olive Oil in large skillet.
- Dip eggplant slices in egg, then breacrunbs and then put in skillet, cook till golden brownthen flip and cook other side.
- Top with marinara sauce and mozzerella cheese.
- *Note:The amount of bread crumbs and eegs depends on how thick your slices and how large the eggplant is*.
I made this recipe in Feb. for a few eggplant loving friends. It was devoured and will be on request often. Thanks for submitting it. Li z
This is a really good recipe! I made Marinara from Recipe # 183606 and used it to top the Eggplant and sprinkled mozz. cheese and parmesan on top! Thanks so much!
I had all of the ingredients on hand and it was quick, easy, and just delicious. I did sprinkle some fresh basil and oregano from my garden on top. Thank you for a great recipe.