1/5 Photos of Eggplant Parmesan
1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
~*Miss Diggy*~'s Note:
This uses the same sauce as my Beef Parmesan, but uses eggplant in order to create a meatless dish. This is now my hubbys favorite dish, and I am glad because I have to say I like it alot too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large eggplant, sliced about 1/3 inch thick
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1 cup dry breadcrumbs or 1 cup crushed saltine
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pepper
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 3 cups hot water
- 1/2 lb mozzarella cheese or 1/2 lb monterey jack cheese, shredded
- 1Dip eggplant into beaten egg, then into a mixture of bread crumbs and parmesan cheese.
- 2Brown in oil on both sides and transfer onto plate with paper towels to absorb excess oil.
- 3In remaining oil, brown onion, then add tomato paste, hot water, and seasonings.
- 4Cook for 5 minutes.
- 5Pour a third of the sauce on the bottom of a 9x13 baking dish.
- 6Put a layer of eggplant over the sauce, and put on 1/3 the cheese, more parmesan if wanted, 1/3 more sauce, and then repeat, making sure you end with sauce.
- 7Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 1 and a half hours.
Browse Our Top Eggs/Dairy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant Parmesan
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 547.1
- Calories from Fat 288
- Total Fat 32.0 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 99.2 mg
- Sodium 2140.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 28.1 g
- Protein 19.7 g