1 hr 20 mins
I had been planning on making a meat pie with ground meat and puff pastry dough for a dinner party, but 2 hours before the party, I realized that instead of buying pastry sheets, I had bought pastry shells, which would never work. So after the compulsory freak out, I created this dish and was glad I did, because we finished every drop!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1saute onion until soft.
- 2brown meat and add to onions.
- 3Mix with 15 oz. marinara sauce.
- 4Peel eggplant and slice into 1/2 inch rounds.
- 5dredge in flour, then egg, then cornflake crumbs.
- 6In an oven proof dish, lay down raw lasagna noodles.
- 7layer on half of the eggplant rounds.
- 8add a layer of 1/2 the meat.
- 9Repeat noodles, eggplant and meat.
- 10End with a layer of noodles.
- 11Mix the remaining marinara sauce with a cup of water and pour over the noodles.
- 12sprinkle with some cornflake crumbs and fresh or dried parsley.
- 13Bake at 350 for 1 hour.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant Meat Lasagna
Serving Size: 1 (303 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 488.9
- Calories from Fat 153
- Total Fat 17.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 103.9 mg
- Sodium 400.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 55.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.8 g
- Sugars 9.7 g
- Protein 27.3 g