Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I had been planning on making a meat pie with ground meat and puff pastry dough for a dinner party, but 2 hours before the party, I realized that instead of buying pastry sheets, I had bought pastry shells, which would never work. So after the compulsory freak out, I created this dish and was glad I did, because we finished every drop!
- saute onion until soft.
- brown meat and add to onions.
- Mix with 15 oz. marinara sauce.
- Peel eggplant and slice into 1/2 inch rounds.
- dredge in flour, then egg, then cornflake crumbs.
- In an oven proof dish, lay down raw lasagna noodles.
- layer on half of the eggplant rounds.
- add a layer of 1/2 the meat.
- Repeat noodles, eggplant and meat.
- End with a layer of noodles.
- Mix the remaining marinara sauce with a cup of water and pour over the noodles.
- sprinkle with some cornflake crumbs and fresh or dried parsley.
- Bake at 350 for 1 hour.