Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
My favorite lasagna recipe. Got this one online. This freezes well too!
Make and share this Eggplant Lasagna recipe from Food.com.
- 8 ounces lasagna noodles
- 1 cup dried breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 medium eggplant, cut in 1/2 inch slices
- 1⁄4 cup salad oil
- 1 (16 ounce) mozzarella cheese
- 1 (29 ounce) jar meatless spaghetti sauce
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- About 1/2 hour before serving:.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare noodles and drain.
- While noodles are cooking:.
- Place bread crumbs and 1/2 teaspoon salt on waxed paper.
- In small dish, beat eggs with 2 tablespoons water.
- Dip eggplant into egg mixture then in crumbs.
- Cook eggplant in hot oil a few at a time.
- In a greased 13 X 9 inch baking dish, layer noodles, then eggplant slices, then mozzarella cheese, then spaghetti sauce.
- Repeat layers.
- Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes, uncovered.
This was so good, and easy to prepare. I used the recommendations from gs788 - grilled the eggplant and used no boil noodles. I also added the basil in between the sauce and next layer of noodles. Definitely a great dish for Lent - and one that will be kept around for years to come in my household. This one will impress your guests. Thanks for posting !
This one is a winner. My wife doesn't usually like eggplant (they make her nauseous) but loved this recipe. I added a little bit of oregano and pepper into the egg when breadcrumbing the eggplant. Will be making this again for sure.
This was so easy and delicious! My family of 3 knocked off the entire lasagna in 2 days. The only substitution I made was for olive oil instead of salad oil. Thanks for a great recipe, Mrs. Hughes!