Recipe by Bratalli
This recipe was given to me from a close friend. It comes from a famous restaurant (now closed) in Biloxi called the White Pillars Restaurant. You won't be disappointed. It is very good.
- 1 large eggplant
- 1 (8 ounce) bagshredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb crabmeat (canned or fresh)
- 2 pints meat, sauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup sauterne white wine
- 2 -3 tablespoons dry mustard
- salt, white pepper
- 1 1⁄2 cups oil (for frying)
Directions See How It's Made
- CRABMEAT TOPPING: Melt butter and add wine. Pick over meat. Add crabmeat to wine and butter. Boil about 6 minutes set aside.
- SPAGHETTI MEAT SAUCE: Any spaghetti type sauce is acceptable. Make sure the meat is finely ground smooth. Heat sauce and set aside.
- HOLLANDAISE TOPPING: Beat 2 egg yolks until frothy. Blend in 2 cups mayonnaise and add 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce. Add salt and white pepper to taste. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons dry mustard (the more mustard the more tangy the topping).
- EGGPLANT: Peel and slice the eggplant about 3/4 to 1 inch thick. Flour and fry eggplant until slightly brown. Assemble in a shallow pan the Eggplant, then crab meat topping, meat sauce, shredded cheese. Bake in oven at 450°F until cheese is melted, bubbly and begins to brown. Remove from oven. Serve single slice on a plate. Top with heated hollandaise topping. My oven takes 15 minutes. You do have to watch this somewhat.