This recipe was given to me from a close friend. It comes from a famous restaurant (now closed) in Biloxi called the White Pillars Restaurant. You won't be disappointed. It is very good.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1CRABMEAT TOPPING: Melt butter and add wine. Pick over meat. Add crabmeat to wine and butter. Boil about 6 minutes set aside.
- 2SPAGHETTI MEAT SAUCE: Any spaghetti type sauce is acceptable. Make sure the meat is finely ground smooth. Heat sauce and set aside.
- 3HOLLANDAISE TOPPING: Beat 2 egg yolks until frothy. Blend in 2 cups mayonnaise and add 1/2 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce. Add salt and white pepper to taste. Add 2 to 3 tablespoons dry mustard (the more mustard the more tangy the topping).
- 4EGGPLANT: Peel and slice the eggplant about 3/4 to 1 inch thick. Flour and fry eggplant until slightly brown. Assemble in a shallow pan the Eggplant, then crab meat topping, meat sauce, shredded cheese. Bake in oven at 450°F until cheese is melted, bubbly and begins to brown. Remove from oven. Serve single slice on a plate. Top with heated hollandaise topping. My oven takes 15 minutes. You do have to watch this somewhat.
Browse Our Top < 60 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant Josephine
Serving Size: 1 (580 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1669.6
- Calories from Fat 1351
- Total Fat 150.2 g
- Saturated Fat 33.6 g
- Cholesterol 259.2 mg
- Sodium 2280.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 40.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: