Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you're fond of Chinese food, you will love this! Simple, no fuzz home cooked meal your family will enjoy.
- 5 eggplants, cut to matchstick pieces
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄2 lb ground pork
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon gingerroot, minced
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili paste, Lee Kum Kee brand
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry or 1 teaspoon rice wine
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Cut eggplants to sticks.
- Sprinkle with salt and squeeze out water.
- Heat wok and stir fry garlic in oil 30 seconds.
- Add the ginger, stir fry till fragrant.
- Dump in ground pork, sautetill no longer pink.
- Add in eggplants and green onions.
- Pour in stock, chili garlic, hoisin, soy, sherry, sesame oil.
- Simmer awhile till flavor incorporates.
- Serve hot with rice.
Simply delicious. Thank you for sharing your recipe.
Yum!!! Hot but yum!!
I lessened the hoisin sauce, great with heaping plate of hot rice!