Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This dish uses a combination of chickpeas and eggplant with garlic and warm spices. Serve with flat bread or pita wedges.
- 1 large eggplant
- 946.36 ml canned chick-peas, drained
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml ground coriander
- 0.59 ml cayenne
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 118.29 ml parsley, minced
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Stab eggplant several times with a fork. Cook on a baking sheet for 45 minutes; cool completely, then remove peel.
- Combine eggplant, chickpeas, garlic, cumin, coriander, cayenne, black pepper, parsley and salt in food processor. Process until the consistency is smooth.
- Serve cold with toasted flat bread triangles or sliced pita bread.
We really loved this hummus! Your description of "warm spices" is perfect - great flavor with just the right amount of heat. I really liked the parsley as well. I thought my hummus was just a little pasty so I added a few drops of water. Served with baked pita chips and really enjoyed - thanks for sharing the recipe!