Recipe by DailyInspiration
This dish uses a combination of chickpeas and eggplant with garlic and warm spices. Serve with flat bread or pita wedges.
Top Review by loof
We really loved this hummus! Your description of "warm spices" is perfect - great flavor with just the right amount of heat. I really liked the parsley as well. I thought my hummus was just a little pasty so I added a few drops of water. Served with baked pita chips and really enjoyed - thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 1 large eggplant
- 946.36 ml canned chick-peas, drained
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2.46 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml ground coriander
- 0.59 ml cayenne
- 2.46 ml black pepper
- 118.29 ml parsley, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Stab eggplant several times with a fork. Cook on a baking sheet for 45 minutes; cool completely, then remove peel.
- Combine eggplant, chickpeas, garlic, cumin, coriander, cayenne, black pepper, parsley and salt in food processor. Process until the consistency is smooth.
- Serve cold with toasted flat bread triangles or sliced pita bread.