Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
I love eggplant and these fritters are just delightful.
- 1 cup eggplant (peeled and shredded)
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 cup feta cheese
- 1⁄2 cup green onion
- 1⁄2 cup dill (fresh and minced)
- 1⁄4 cup parsley (fresh and minced)
- 3 eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 cup flour (all-purpose)
- salt (to taste)
- pepper (to taste)
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- Place shredded eggplant on a paper towel and lightly sprinkle with salt and let sit for 15 minutes.
- Use another paper towel to press down on it to remove excess moisture.
- Saute eggplant for 2-3 minutes in margarine, and allow to cool.
- Place eggplant in a bowl and mix with feta, green onions, dill, parsley, eggs, flour salt & pepper.
- In deep frying pan fill with oil about 1/4" deep.
- Form small patties and fry until golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
This is a fantastic recipe. I did not heat the eggplant before mixing it up with everything else. It still came out great! The dill is a great touch. I also used mozzarella instead of feta. Thank you!
Delicious! I used this as a guide and did not pre-cook the shredded eggplant, just shredded it and put in the bowl with everything else. I used my processor to shred, plus to mince the dill and parsley, so it was a super quick dinner for us. Easy and delicious! We'd be happy to make this again. Thanks for posting!
I made this Gfree using a medium sized eggplant and 1/4 cup rice flour and 1 egg. I did skip the margarine and added some crushed red pepper flakes just for a lil heat for DH. I fryed them in Extra Light Olive Oil. So delicious. I served alongside Toum (Lebanese Garlic Sauce) and with a lil lemon. Thank you for a fast beautiful snack. Made for Ramadan Tag 2011.