Recipe by cyaos
This comes from Country Living and is a nice change from your regular pizzas that have a ton of sauce and it is super easy to make. The eggplant makes the flatbread nice and moist and the feta cheese adds some nice flavour. I usually make this when my boyfriend wants pizza on a vegetarian night. You can also make this on the stove top but it is better when grilled as the recipe calls for. I usually serve it with salad, either Greek or Caesar.
- 1 medium eggplant, sliced into 1/2 inch thick rounds and quartered
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, crushed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 4 pieces flat bread
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup kalamata olive, sliced
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat grill to medium high heat and heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine eggplant, 1/2 cup oil, cumin seeds and salt in a large bowl and toss to combine.
- Grill eggplant until just cooked through - about 8 minutes. Remove from grill and set aside.
- Brush both sides of flat bread with remaining oil. Grill flat bread for five minutes.
- Turn the bread over, top with eggplant, olives, cheese and pepper and grill for 5 more minutes. Transfer pizzas to baking pan, bake for approximately 8 minutes and serve immediately.