Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
A recipe my family grew up on that our mom made, simply ingredients and cooking. Great as a meal with sliced tomatoes or a side dish. **My mom would also slice bell peppers in half, remove seeds and rub a bit of oil on outside then mound this eggplant dressing inside, place stuffed bell pepper in 9 x 13 dish with a just enough water to cover bottom and bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes to be served as a side dish. ***You can also just cook your eggplant down with the seasonings S,P Garlic Powder, onion and bell pepper. Cool then freeze in smaller packages with a good seal. When ready to use take out defrost add cooked meat and rice and heat thoroughly.
- 2 eggplants
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hamburger meat
- 1 medium diced onion
- 1 medium diced bell pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt and black pepper
- 1 cup rice
- 1. Cook ground hamburger meat-use a 92/8 mixture drain any fat, add garlic powder, S & P, and chopped bell pepper, and onion cook on low till onion wilted.
- 2. Peel eggplant, slice and cut each slice into 1" cubes.
- 3. Add eggplant to meat mixture, turn up heat, put lid on so eggplant will steam. Each time you check mash down eggplant with back of spoon. Continue until eggplant is tender and mixes in with meat mixture. This takes about 45 minutes.
- 4. Cook rice according to package directions.
- 5. Stir in cooked rice to mixture and heat so its hot through and through.
- * Cooking time for recipe maybe a little bit more.