Recipe by Poison_Ivy
Inspired by Middle Eastern's dip.
Top Review by kelly.lawver
This dip is wonderful. I made it one afternoon to try it out, and my DH ate it for dinner and would not stop exclaiming how good it was. I will definitely make it soon for a party. It's perfect as is, but definitely serves more than four.
- 1 eggplant, big (or 2 mediums)
- 2 red bell peppers
- 1 red onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 pinch caynee pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the eggplant, bell pepper, and onion into cubes.
- Toss them with the garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Spread them on lined baking sheet.
- Roast for 45 minutes until the vegetables are lightly browned and soft, tossing once during cooking.
- Let cool.
- Place the vegetables in a food processor, add the tomato paste, and pulse to paste. Taste for salt and pepper.