Prep 5 mins
Cook 40 mins
Quick and easy - even people who don't like eggplant (like me!) will love this. Serve with toasted pita wedges or lightly toasted Turkish bread. Yum! From the Australian Women's Weekly Finger Foods 2.
- 1 (300 g) eggplants
- 1 cup stale breadcrumbs
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon hot paprika
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup natural yoghurt
- Pierce eggplant several times and place on oven tray. Roast in a moderate oven for about 40 minutes or until soft.
- Put eggplant in a plastic bag for 15 minutes. Remove skin and chop flesh.
- Blend or process eggplant with remaining ingredients until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate for 3 hours or overnight.
- Makes about 2 cups.