Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
This curry is from Sri Lanka
- 1 (1 lb) eggplant
- 1 ounce oil
- 1 ounce milk (dairy or coconut)
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper powder
- 1 pinch sugar
- 2 teaspoons vinegar or 2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1 small onion
- Wash eggplant and cut into small pieces.
- Add oil to pan and heat to boiling point.
- Add eggplant and fry on medium to medium high until light golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels. Meanwhile, add remaining ingredients to pan and cook. Return eggplant to pan and cook for another 3 minutes.
Was this supposed to be incredibly hot and spicy?! I like things hot, but I could barely handle this one!! I skipped the oil, and used soy milk, Splenda, and vinegar. I didn't exceed the listed amount of red pepper, so I can't figure out why this dish turned out so unbearably hot... I love eggplant, but it was so spicy that I couldn't even tell that I was eating eggplant! Thanks for posting.
A good basic recipe, easy to make, tasty, and quick! I like my curries a little more watery though, so I augmented the levels of coconut milk as I went along. I added cilantro and green beans as well, which gave it more of an asian feel. All in all, a good recipe! Thanks for sharing it.
pretty good and doesn't require a ton of ingredients. Just add to rice with bragg (liquid aminos)