Prep 30 mins
Cook 40 mins
From ArcaMax Cartoon Chef. Similar to Rattatouille but no squash.
- 1 medium eggplant
- boiling salt water
- 3 tablespoons melted butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumb
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon soft butter
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Peel eggplant and cut into cubes. Boil in salted water for 10 minute Drain well.
- In a large bowl mix eggplant with melted butter. Sift flour over eggplant and mix well.
- In saucepan saute in 2 Tbl olive oil tomatoes, peppers, onion, garlic, thyme, brown sugar and pepper flakes. Cook for 5 minute.
- Mix with eggplant and transfeer to greased 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Top with fresh bread crumbs. Sprinkle with Parmesan and Butter. (better to put all in small pan and saute then put on top of mixture).
- Bake at for 40 minute
- Serves 4.
Really enjoyed this. Thank-you! (Subbed 16oz canned chili-ready tomatoes for fresh.)
Loved this! I replaced the brown sugar with honey. Delicious!
This was good. We could really taste the eggplant in it.