Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Interesting use of Eggplant
Make and share this Eggplant Creole recipe from Food.com.
- 1 medium onion (diced)
- 1⁄2 bell pepper (chopped)
- 2 celery ribs (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 lb eggplant (diced into 1/2 inch cubes)
- 15 ounces tomatoes
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons parsley (minced)
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (more or less to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon rep pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper (more or less to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered nori
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt (more or less to taste)
- Sauté onion, bell pepper, celery, and garlic in a large skillet over medium heat for about 3 minutes, adding water if necessary to prevent sticking. Add eggplant and sauté for 5 more minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients, reduce heat, and cook until eggplant is completely tender, about 20-30 minutes. Serve over rice, garnished with additional parsley.
Lovely recipe - I put everything in the pan except the broth. sauteed for 10 minutes over medium heat, added broth, covered the pan and let it simmer for 30 minutes - perfect. We loved it. I had a half Zucchini so I added that as well. Added extra hot sauce. Thanks for a lovely addition to dinner.