2 hrs 30 mins
This recipe was clipped out of a magazine. A non-traditional version of chili that I thought was delicious. You can adjust the amount of spiciness to your taste. I prefer mine mild to moderately spicy. Add cayenne, red pepper flakes, or hot sauce if you prefer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- 1Add ground beef, onion, and garlic to a large pot; cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, stirring to crumble up the meat; drain well.
- 2Add all the remaining ingredients except the kidney beans.
- 3Stir to combine.
- 4Cover and lower heat; simmer for 2 hours.
- 5Add in kidney beans; stir.
- 6Cover and cook 30 minutes; adjust seasoning to taste.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant Chili
Serving Size: 1 (2446 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 718.1
- Calories from Fat 272
- Total Fat 30.2 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 123.3 mg
- Sodium 2611.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 66.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 23.5 g
- Sugars 21.6 g
- Protein 50.2 g