Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook2 hrs 30 mins
This recipe was clipped out of a magazine. A non-traditional version of chili that I thought was delicious. You can adjust the amount of spiciness to your taste. I prefer mine mild to moderately spicy. Add cayenne, red pepper flakes, or hot sauce if you prefer.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and cubed
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar (optional)
- 1 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1 (16 ounce) can kidney beans, undrained
- Add ground beef, onion, and garlic to a large pot; cook over medium heat until meat is no longer pink, stirring to crumble up the meat; drain well.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except the kidney beans.
- Stir to combine.
- Cover and lower heat; simmer for 2 hours.
- Add in kidney beans; stir.
- Cover and cook 30 minutes; adjust seasoning to taste.