Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
From a free Penzey's recipe card. I haven't made this yet, but it sounds good!
Make and share this Eggplant Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large eggplants (cut into cubes with skin on) or 2 medium eggplants (cut into cubes with skin on)
- 1 onion, cut into slivers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 4 -5 tomatoes or 14 1⁄2 ounces stewed diced tomatoes
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 cups chicken broth
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil then add the chicken breasts. Cover and cook on medium heat until the chicken is golden brown, about 5 minutes per side.
- Add the onions, stirring often. When the onions are soft, add the remaining ingredients.
- Let simmer, covered, until eggplant is soft and tender. Serve alone or over a bed of rice.
2 cups of broth require that the liquid be reduced. I added white wine to the recipe. Gave the dish a very nice aroma.
Yum! I cut up the chicken into bite sized pieces right before adding the onions. Thanks for sharing!
This recipe is great :) I tried it with a few alternations :) I added brown lentils, green, red, yellow peppers, a few broccoli florets and i seasoned all with lemon, vinegar, and garlic ..the taste was really amazing:) thank u for sharing :)