Recipe by PSU Lioness
This is taken from "The Great American Favorite Brand Name Cookbook: Collectors Edition." I haven't tried any of these recipes, but I'm borrowing the book and trying to get as many posted for my personal use as possible. Hope you all enjoy!
- 1 large eggplant, unpeeled
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- sieved egg white (optional)
- lemon, sllice (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. Place eggplant in shallow baking dish. Bake 1 hour or until soft, turning once.
- Trim off ends; slice eggplant in half lengthwise. Place cut-side-down in colander and let drain 10 minutes. Scoop out pulp; reserve pulp and peel.
- In blender or food processor combine eggplant peel, onion, lemon juice, oil, garlic, salt and Tabasco sauce. Cover; process until peel is finely chopped.
- Add eggplant pulp. Cover; process just until chopped.
- Place in serving dish. Garnish with egg white and lemon slice, if desired. Serve with toast points.