Prep 30 mins
Cook 45 mins
I use my mom's homemade canned spaghetti sauce. Yummy!!
Make and share this Eggplant Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large eggplants
- 3 medium onions, sliced thin
- 473.18-709.77 ml canned spaghetti sauce
- 236.59 ml mozzarella cheese
- 59.14-118.29 ml grated parmesan cheese
- Peel and slice eggplant into 1/2 inch slices.
- In a saucepan, boil in a small amount of salted water for 10 minutes; drain.
- In a greased casserole, layer half the eggplant, onion, (sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper if desired), sauce, and mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.
Delicious eggplant recipe! Like eggplant parmesan but without the breading and frying. I don't care for onions so left them out and added a slice gypsy pepper instead. This is an easy-to-make dish that we really enjoyed - thanks for sharing the recipe!
I made this tonite, and didn't measure ingredients, but it was really good. I used two large eggplants, and probably more onion than called for. I just purchased a jar of spaghetti sauce, and not sure how many cups were in that jar. I had a bag of freshly grated parmesan and just sliced mozarella. I tore the mozarella into large pieces, and then just covered the entire top with LOTS of parmesan. I loved it. It's not eggplant parmesan, but a very good "almost".
This recipe was pretty simple to make. I think the flavor really depends on the spaghetti sauce you use. I sent my boyfriend to the store and he bought a super cheap bottle so the whole recipe tasted like that. We also only used 1 onion. I don't know how you could use more. I think with a high quality marinara this could be a really great recipe. Thanks for helping me use up my eggplant!