Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
I use my mom's homemade canned spaghetti sauce. Yummy!!
Top Review by loof
Delicious eggplant recipe! Like eggplant parmesan but without the breading and frying. I don't care for onions so left them out and added a slice gypsy pepper instead. This is an easy-to-make dish that we really enjoyed - thanks for sharing the recipe!
- 2 large eggplants
- 3 medium onions, sliced thin
- 2 -3 cups canned spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and slice eggplant into 1/2 inch slices.
- In a saucepan, boil in a small amount of salted water for 10 minutes; drain.
- In a greased casserole, layer half the eggplant, onion, (sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper if desired), sauce, and mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat layers.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 to 50 minutes.