Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
Kosher for passover eggplant casserole
Make and share this Eggplant Casserole recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large chopped onion
- 1 large eggplant
- 1⁄2 cup yellow pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon basil
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 1 cup chopped mushroom
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 15 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 1 1⁄2 cups moist matzo farfel
- 1 lb cottage cheese (optional)
- Sauté onion in oil.
- Peel eggplant.
- Cut eggplant into cubes.
- Combine onion, eggplant, pepper, seasonings, and tomatoes, pepper, basil, oregano, and garlic into sauce-pan.
- Cover and simmer for 15 minutes until eggplant tender.
- Stir tomatoes.
- Lightly oil 2 quart casserole dish.
- Add one layer of eggplant mixture add layer of farfel and cheese if using alternate layers beginning and ending in vegetables.
- Bake uncovered at 350°F for 25 minutes.