Recipe by Kerriedoll
When I was a little girl, I used to love the eggplant casserole at Luby's Cafeteria. This is pretty similar.
Top Review by *Parsley*
I think this recipe is a bit misleading. You hardly notice the eggplant at all. It's more like a stuffing with vegetables. I added a little extra eggplant, but it was still masked by the stuffing. I always use recipe #278160 for the cream soups, so I used the mushroom version. This would be great to disguise eggplant for those who don't care for it. Thanx for sharing.
- 2 cups eggplants, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (4 ounce) jar pimientos
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 (6 ounce) package Stove Top stuffing mix
- salt and pepper
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter.
- In large bowl, mix together eggplant, celery, bell peppers, onion, soup, pimientos, eggs, butter (melted) salt and pepper to taste.
- Add Stove Top, mixing everything together thoroughly.
- Place in 9 x 13 casserole, coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Top with shredded cheese.
- Cover with tinfoil and bake at 350 for one hour.