Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
It is a tasty recipe that uses eggplant and mozzarella cheese combination. Excellent for a dinner party.
- 2 medium eggplants
- 2 fresh mozzarella cheese, balls
- olive oil
- sea salt
- ground black peppercorns
- grated parmesan cheese
- white wine vinegar
- cherry tomatoes
- chopped fresh basil
- Slice the two eggplants as thinly as possible.
- Oil lightly and chargrill.
- Lay chargrilled eggplant on a flat surface and place mozzarella pieces at one end of eggplant slice.
- Roll the eggplant slice around the mozzarella so that you end up with a sausage like roll.
- Lay rolls side by side in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle with sea salt, ground peppercorns and parmesan cheese.
- Place under a griller to melt cheese.
- Serve warm with seasoned, halved cherry tomatoes mixed with fresh chopped basil, extra virgin olive oil and a hint of white wine vinegar.
- Try to use tender young eggplant to obtain the best result.
- Buffalo mozzarella is ideal for this recipe.