Recipe by Sharon123
Saw this on Hungry Girl on Food Network this morning, episode: Ginormous Food. A great way to cut those carbs!
- 2 slices eggplants, patted dry (1/2 inch thick, cut lengthwise from a long eggplant)
- 1⁄4 cup canned crushed tomatoes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 dash italian seasoning
- 2 tablespoons shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons chopped bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 2 teaspoons low-fat parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Place eggplant slices on the baking sheet and cook until slightly soft, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine crushed tomatoes, garlic, and Italian seasoning. Mix well and set aside.
- Carefully remove the sheet from oven. Evenly spread the tomato mixture over the eggplant slices. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and evenly top with mushrooms, pepper, and onion.
- Bake in the oven until the cheese has melted and the toppings are hot, about 10 additional minutes.
- Sprinkle with the shredded Parmesan.