Recipe by DogDhamma
tasty! Cooking the eggplant over wood is essential. The smoky flavor is what makes it so good.
- 2 medium eggplants
- 1⁄2 cup peas (frozen is fine)
- 1⁄4 cup oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic
- 1 1⁄4 cups onions (finely chopped)
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped tomatoes (fresh or drained canned)
- 2 green chilies
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- roast the whole eggplants until completely soft on a wood or charcoal fire. The skin will be charred black. That's ok.
- Let them cool then slice them in half and scrape out the eggplant into a bowl.
- saute the onions until soft. Add in garlic and chilies then in a minute or 2 add the eggplant.
- Add the salt, tomatoes, and peas. Cook until peas are tender.
- Add cilantro and serve hot over rice.