Recipe by AndreaVT96
An easy casserole dish. I don't remember where I found the recipe, but I've had it for several years.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 small green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1⁄2 large eggplant
- 3⁄4 cup part-skim mozzarella cheese (reduced fat)
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground beef. Remove from pan.
- Saute onion and pepper in the same pan as you cooked the beef inches When onion is translucent, return beef to pan.
- Add flour, spices and sauce, let simmer until thickened.
- Meanwhile, slice the eggplant into 1/2 inch rounds and layer 1/2 of them in a 2 quart casserole dish. Add half the beef mixture, then half the cheese. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 45 minutes.