Another of my mom's old recipes that I loved as a teen-ager. A good meatless main dish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups cooked brown rice (well-seasoned)
- 1 large eggplant, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 cup cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce) carton plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup dry whole grain breadcrumbs (homemade are best)
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1Spread the seasoned rice evenly in a greased (I use non-stick cooking spray) 12x8 inch baking dish.
- 2Place eggplant slices over rice.
- 3In a bowl, add the tomato paste, cottage cheese, yogurt, water, basil, oregano, onion powder, and garlic salt; stir to combine well.
- 4Pour and spread sauce evenly over the eggplant.
- 5Sprinkle cheese and breadcrumbs over the sauce.
- 6Dot with butter.
- 7Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until eggplant is done.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant Bake
Serving Size: 1 (217 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.2
- Calories from Fat 85
- Total Fat 9.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 26.5 mg
- Sodium 481.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 28.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 12.0 g