Prep 25 mins
Cook 30 mins
Low cholesterol, and easy
- 1 small eggplant (peeled and sliced 1/4-inch)
- 3⁄4 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup onion (chopped)
- 8 ounces tomato sauce
- 2 teaspoons garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon light margarine
- 4 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat milk
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese (grated)
- .Cook eggplant in 1/2" boiling water in covered skillet about 6 minutes or till tender, drain.
- In same skillet brown beef , garlic, & onion. Drain, and add tomato sauce. Bring to boiling; reduce heat. Simmer uncovered about 5 minutes or till desired consistency. Remove from heat.
- In small saucepan melt margarine, stir in flour, salt, and pepper. Stir in milk all at ounce. Cook and stir till thickened d bubbly. Remove from heat.
- Spray a 10x6x2 baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange 1/2 of the eggplant in dish. Spoon meat mixture atop, then top with remaining eggplant slices. Pour sauce over all ingredients. Sprinkle with parmesan.
- Bake uncovered for 30 minutes or till heated through and top is golden.