Recipe by chef FIFI
Middle eastern side dish that is another one of my standbys. This is best enjoyed with pita bread and just use the bread as your spoon/fork.
- 2 medium eggplants
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1 medium garlic clove
- 1 jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup tahini (approx)
- 2⁄3 cup middle eastern yogurt
- 1⁄3 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel eggplant.
- Slice eggplant into circles.
- Salt eggplant to help eggplant not absorb so much oil.
- Let frying oil get hot and fry until eggplant gets golden brown.
- Let eggplant drain.
- In a mortar and pestle or mini food processor, add salt, garlic and jalepeno pepper and chop until a fine paste.
- Then add to lemon juice.
- Then add tahini.
- Stir very well until smooth which will take several minutes.
- Then add yogurt and water and stir until all is blended.
- Arrange eggplant on a plate and drizzle dressing over the eggplant.