Middle eastern side dish that is another one of my standbys. This is best enjoyed with pita bread and just use the bread as your spoon/fork.
- Peel eggplant.
- Slice eggplant into circles.
- Salt eggplant to help eggplant not absorb so much oil.
- Let frying oil get hot and fry until eggplant gets golden brown.
- Let eggplant drain.
- In a mortar and pestle or mini food processor, add salt, garlic and jalepeno pepper and chop until a fine paste.
- Then add to lemon juice.
- Then add tahini.
- Stir very well until smooth which will take several minutes.
- Then add yogurt and water and stir until all is blended.
- Arrange eggplant on a plate and drizzle dressing over the eggplant.