1/1 Photo of Eggplant (Aubergine) With Tahini Yogurt Dressing
chef FIFI's Note:
Middle eastern side dish that is another one of my standbys. This is best enjoyed with pita bread and just use the bread as your spoon/fork.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 medium eggplants
- vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1Peel eggplant.
- 2Slice eggplant into circles.
- 3Salt eggplant to help eggplant not absorb so much oil.
- 4Let frying oil get hot and fry until eggplant gets golden brown.
- 5Let eggplant drain.
- 6In a mortar and pestle or mini food processor, add salt, garlic and jalepeno pepper and chop until a fine paste.
- 7Then add to lemon juice.
- 8Then add tahini.
- 9Stir very well until smooth which will take several minutes.
- 10Then add yogurt and water and stir until all is blended.
- 11Arrange eggplant on a plate and drizzle dressing over the eggplant.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant (Aubergine) With Tahini Yogurt Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (195 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 179.2
- Calories from Fat 97
- Total Fat 10.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 3.5 mg
- Sodium 419.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 5.9 g
- Protein 6.4 g