Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Middle eastern side dish that is another one of my standbys. This is best enjoyed with pita bread and just use the bread as your spoon/fork.
- Peel eggplant.
- Slice eggplant into circles.
- Salt eggplant to help eggplant not absorb so much oil.
- Let frying oil get hot and fry until eggplant gets golden brown.
- Let eggplant drain.
- In a mortar and pestle or mini food processor, add salt, garlic and jalepeno pepper and chop until a fine paste.
- Then add to lemon juice.
- Then add tahini.
- Stir very well until smooth which will take several minutes.
- Then add yogurt and water and stir until all is blended.
- Arrange eggplant on a plate and drizzle dressing over the eggplant.