1/3 Photos of Eggplant (Aubergine) With Raw Garlic
This is very similar to a dish I enjoy at a fabulous Toronto restaurant, Jerusalem -- but the restaurant's version doesn't use raw garlic. I love the taste of this dish. If you're the only eggplant lover in your household (like I am), use a smaller eggplant, cut the sauce ingredients in half, and enjoy this yourself.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash eggplant well; cut off stem portion (leave peel on).
- 2Slice eggplant into quarter-inch slices and brush each side with extra virgin olive oil.
- 3Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and brown eggplant slices until they are golden brown on each side.
- 4On a serving platter, arrange cooked eggplant slices.
- 5In a small measuring cup, combine the garlic, lemon juice, the one tbsp of extra virgin olive oil and the salt.
- 6Drizzle over the eggplant slices, sprinkle with parsley, and serve.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant (Aubergine) With Raw Garlic
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 71.5
- Calories from Fat 33
- Total Fat 3.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 588.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.9 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 1.8 g