Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a simple and easy dish to prepare. Some chili flakes or tabasco wouldn't hurt either.
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 small eggplants, peeled and diced
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 (28 ounce) can tomatoes, drained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup corn flake crumbs
- Cook onion and eggplant in butter until golden brown.
- Add tomatoes, salt, pepper and mix thouroughly.
- Pour into casserole.
- Top with crumbs.
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
This has just got to be the best recipe for eggplant and tomatoes anywhere! This dish is so incredibly. All of the ingredients harmonize with each other. They do not overpower, but they blend. The texture is firm and not mushy as with other dishes with tomatoes. Tebo, you really have a wonderful recipe here. Thank you so very much for sharing it with us. I will definately use this one as "my all-time favorite".
I did this exactly as the instructions, and it was very bland. I adore eggplant, but this one is missing something for me. Sorry. I was really hoping I'd like it.
Made this last night exactly as written and loved it!! Only change for next time is I'll probably add a few cloves of garlic for personal preference and to use french fried onions for the top instead of the cornflakes. Definately a keeper recipe! Thanks!