1/1 Photo of Eggplant (Aubergine) -Tofu Stir Fry
sprout 13's Note:
Delicious vegetarian stir-fry with a tangy, spicy sauce. Cooking the tofu and eggplant separately may be a little bit more labor-intensive, but the end result is much better this way.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium eggplant, cubed
- 425.24 g tofu, cubed (pressed to remove water if desired)
- 1 inch gingerroot, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and sliced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 44.37 ml soy sauce
- 1 lime, juice of
- 14.79 ml sugar
- 14.79 ml flour
- 1.23 ml sesame oil
- 0 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 1Heat 1T oil in large frying pan over medium high heat.
- 2Cook tofu in oil for 3-4 minutes per side, flipping once, until golden and crisp. Remove tofu from pan.
- 3In heated pan with residual oil, saute eggplant cubes until fully cooked but not soggy. This may take 5-10 minutes depending on how large you cut the eggplant. Remove eggplant from pan.
- 4Meanwhile, prepare sauce. In a 1 or 2 cup measuring cup, stir together soy sauce, lime juce, sugar, flour, sesame oil. Add enough water to make about 2/3 cup liquid. May add more or less water if you like an especially thick or thin sauce.
- 5Add 1T of oil to the hot pan. Cook ginger in hot oil for about 1 minute, then add jalapeno, green onion, and garlic. Cook for about 2 minutes more.
- 6Add cooked tofu and eggplant to pan with ginger mix. Cook and stir for about one more minute.
- 7Pour sauce mixture into pan, bring to boil and cook, stirring, until thickened. This will only take a minute or two.
- 8Add chopped cilantro to pan and stir to combine.
- 9Serve with plenty of hot cooked rice.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Eggplant (Aubergine) -Tofu Stir Fry
Serving Size: 1 (397 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.9
- Calories from Fat 136
- Total Fat 15.1 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1024.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.3 g
- Sugars 10.5 g
- Protein 13.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: