Recipe by TheBostonBean
Vegetarian flavourful treat all can enjoy. Also try adding to a sandwich or salad.
Top Review by yogi
These slices of eggplant were very tasty, they really soaked up all the delicious soy, garlic, and ginger flavor in the marinade. I used a little stevia instead of the sugar, otherwise made this exactly as written. Nice sliced up and tossed into my baby spinach salad. I didn't even use any salad dressing because the eggplant added enough flavor for me!
- 1 medium eggplant
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon fine chopped ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, fine chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Slice eggplant as u would to make n eggplant parm, about 1/4 inch round slices.
- Sprinkle with salt to drain out extra water, about 20 minutes.
- Mix marinade ingredients together and pour over eggplant and let marinate at least 1/2 an hour or as much as 8 hours.
- Bake on baking sheet for 12 minutes or cook on stove top in skillet until tender.